Jane, or Ann, or Emily, or Mary Sennett (nee McGuire)

This post is about a lady who was my great-great-Grandmother. In her later life she seems to have been known as Anne Sennett; earlier records, though, record her name as Emily. Her grandchildren recall(ed) her name as Jane, or Mary. I'm sure she was probably referred to as 'Mam'.


You'll see some more details from this original post on Anne's husband, William Sennett, who was a miner in Coundon & Byers Green, Co. Durham.

 
Pat sent me several interesting photos which we had I'm very glad to be able to share them with you all here.  Pat's husband is descended from Mary Rogers (nee Sennett, younger sister to my Great-Grandfather James Sennett) - and so if you go and visit this page about James' siblings, you'll find a few other new images there.


On the reverse of this image was written "to Mary from Mother".
It seems from the clothing and the round corners that it could be an earlier photo, pre-1900.















Here is a much later photo, dated 1943. We know for sure that this was Anne Sennett, mother to our James and Mary.






In a less formal group image we have, dated around 1940, we can see Ann & her husband Bill visiting my Grandmother's family. (Previously, I'd thought they were James' siblings in the image.)




Here is the earliest photo (below left, and cropped/enlarged on the right) of William Sennett and his wife {already posted elsewhere}.  Now when I look at these three images of Willliam's second wife, I don't see a likeness.  I wonder, then, if she could be his first wife, Deborah?

















^^^^^^^^
And here's an updated version of the family tree image - Spot any errors? (click to enlarge.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...